Friday, November 21, 2008

November Rain

5 bonus points to the person who can tell me what the title of this post is and who made it.
So it is november, I'm another year older and (supposedly) another year wiser. I joined crew (rowing) last week. Its been fun, tiring, and amazing. It is a better workout than cross country, and is twice as fun. The main thing that happened so far this month though is that my seperations class started multicomponent distillation. To give you an idea of how big a deal this is, it is to chemical engineering what calculus is to math, what the molecule is to chemistry. Being able to look at this big mixture of random components that somehow, just by itself, with a little help in the forms of heat and gravity, is able to seperate into nearly pure streams at the top and bottom, amazing! This is why I chose this major...this is what I want to do for the rest of my life... taking raw oil, feeding it through a refinery and getting out pure ethane, propane, benzene and whatever else.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's a song by Core of Soul!

I'm glad you're enjoying your major, though it sounds egads crazy to me!